The RLM Investment Casting process offers many benefits over other types of casting processes including:
- Low Initial Tooling Costs – Initial tooling costs averaged over the parts produced are often less than other manufacturing tool costs.
- Elimination of Material Waste – Investment castings are cast to size, decreasing the amount of machining required.
- Design Flexibility and Capability – Infinite choice of alloys and design flexibility for internal and external configurations. Virtually any shape or configuration can be investment cast, producing internally complex parts.
- Design Enhancements – There are no draft requirements in the investment casting process.
- Consistency – Our process gives a reliable and consistent product from order to order.
- Close Tolerances – RLM’s typical linear tolerances can be plus or minus .005 in per inch. However, closer tolerances are frequently achieved on selected dimensions, depending on the alloy and configuration of the part.
- Surface Finish Improvement – A surface finish of about 125RMS is standard for our investment castings.
- Reproduction of fine details – Holes, bosses, and splines can be cast
- Reduction of production costs – Costly machining operations can often be eliminated.
- Reduction of assembly operations – Several parts can be made as a single casting, reducing assembly and handling costs.
RLM has a customer base consisting of the military, the construction industry, food processing and handling, automotive manufacturers and we are the exclusive casting supplier to the largest crane company in the world. RLM has the experience, reputation and ability to complete your project on time and according to your specifications, the first time!